Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Group 1-Archer-Upper First Showreel

Upper First - Showreel 09 from Upper First on Vimeo.




I thought this was a fun mix of a lot of different types of motion and graphics and thought it was a unique combination. The reason for the combination is to show what the creator has done over the last year. I thought it was a cool idea to combine all of their different ideas into one fun and upbeat video. I think the viewer response is to be unique to the individual, for myself I thought it was very upbeat, fun, energetic and makes you want to move! It does this because of the way they jump from graphic to graphic and repeat this process by showing all of the different aspects of their work. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love this mix of ideas! Definitely keeps your attention throughout the entire video. Makes me even more excited for this class- o the possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the music has a lot to do with the upbeat nature of this video. Without the soundtrack it seems very un-cohesive to me. Then I try to remember that it is their body of work over their first year and then I think it is very well edited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really enjoyed the use of music in this video, it kept the pacing well, it also helped form a cohesive piece over all

    ReplyDelete