Monday, August 29, 2011

Group 3 : Erickson : Groupon

This is an after effects video about groupon. I thought the figures were quirky and interesting. I also like the transitions between scenes.

Groupon - How Groupon Works from Brad Chmielewski on Vimeo.



This next video is by the guy who made the first clip. He discusses his process and reasons behind the aesthetics. I learned a lot from this clip and look forward to using AE for this class.


Creating A Character Walk Cycle In After Effects from Brad Chmielewski on Vimeo.


3 comments:

  1. The transitions between scenes are so easy to follow and it's a good way to keep the viewers interested. It's fun and kwirky like you said but it's informative as well. The color choices were very professional but entertaining. Before I watched this video I wasn't really sure what Groupon was but with this fun video I now know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flow, it's super! makes me want to sign up or what not they're asking for

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used groupon- it's too bad their web pages aren't as awesome as this ad! I also love the color scheme- while they aren't limited to only green and blue, the colors allow the video to be very seamless (there's also orange, black, white, different shades of blue and green) Also, I noticed that some of their transitions from scene to scene are really cool - like the guy who wakes up in bed, sits up, and then almost 'flies' to the computer without moving... or when the earth turns into a bubble in the water jug. Those type of transitions are one of the things that really makes good videos stand out. It showcases their creative thinking.

    ReplyDelete