Tuesday, August 30, 2011

3_roberts_battle_of_branchage; orI hate sharing these gems of design with people, I must say I'm jealous and greedy all at the same time

6 comments:

  1. Macaroni (Ian),

    Very exciting video. But when posting, please use the title format as described 16 times in class already (group #, last name, video title). It would help, too, if you described why you think this is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to Ian ha, neat video though. Kinda goes to show how seamlessly video can be edited. People might even think that was some crazy light show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it WAS some crazy light show! :) I think this is a gem because the projection mapping is visually trippy. especially the cube parts of it. And I dig it because I want to do this to something somewhere sometime, I have ideas and there are some really great spaces in Mankato for work like this to take place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome video! The illusion of the cubes coming out of the windows is extremely interesting. It's a really sweet way to combine the art of the architecture and art using light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Molly said, the cubes coming out of the windows is sweet. I loved the end where they made it look like the building just melted down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting to me how 3 dimensional you can make motion graphics like this look- it was really hard to believe at times that this was just a projection. The beginning was really cool in that sense, as they both attempted to emphasize the buildings naturalness (with the spot lights) and give the illusion that it was completely fake- as with the lighting details at the beginning that look like computers or circuts or something. I think it was also the nature of how unexpected the graphic was that really kept the viewer engaged. What really makes it stand out to me is how they used the space- it reminds me of mural signage and how that type of art utilizes the space on the surface of a building, only this is the modern day version of it. :D

    ReplyDelete