Sunday, October 16, 2011

Group 3: Beehler: Our Love is as Tall as the Calgary Tower Music Video

I saw this video, and thought the treatment of the graphics was very interesting- it's very textural, and has a lot of hand created elements- or at least references that hand created style. I loved all the different faces that the paper faces have, they make it so fun. There are a few graphic elements in particular I like the use of - like the blurring of the focal range to add some extra depth. It's also interesting when at the end, the stick figures stop using the paper faces or masks- they are just there together, without any mask. Very unique music video.

Our Love is as Tall as the Calgary Tower from Boompa Records on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the texture of the background and the graphic elements. This is definitely a different kind of video and i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see cardboard overlaying the whole video and it doesn't move, I liked the style of animation, I wish the cardboard moved a little though

    ReplyDelete
  3. good call- it can get dangerous just placing a texture on the surface of something and not moving or playing around with it. It adds so much to be aware of those little details! Nice eye there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hand rendered elements of this video. As well as the textures throughout the video.

    ReplyDelete