PencilHead from qwaqa on Vimeo.
I have always loved drawing animations and I want to do it so bad! I like the look of this kind of animantion and then also there are not many limitations in creating a scene via drawing. The intro and conclusion with the pages being turned to create the animation is great bookend effect for the video. There is so much animation and movement that is going on throughout the film that the viewer does not know whats going to happen. At the same time the complexity of it all is not too much for the eye to handle. This work is very well done and since we have done the blog, pencilhead is by far my favorite.
Excellent find. I enjoy drawing animations as well. It has a good ramp up to it's complex climax. I think the transitions are my favorite part. It is a very unique way of thinking about adding and subtracting subject matter and perspective. Also, Keeping everything black and white created continuity between the different illustrative styles.
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome! I loved the beginning, and how it was book-ended by bringing us back there with the guy paging through drawings. It definitely does a great job of bringing you as the viewer into the song, with the growing (or ramp, as Joe calls it) and then lowering back down again. I love how intricately detailed everything is- I would have been proud of creating one of those drawings, not to mention 4 minutes animations worth of them. Wow!
ReplyDeleteThis was an awesome video! I love the drawn animation. I can imagine the time and effort put into this video. The transitions are so smooth and so well thought out! Very cool :)
ReplyDelete