Thursday, September 8, 2011

3_roberts_KHRONOS PROJECTOR! or "SOMETIMES THERE ARE TOO MANNNY!?|? COOL THINGS FLOATING AROUND IN MY HEAD >/html<"

Googled "interactive glitch video projector art" and found this site http://www.k2.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/members/alvaro/Khronos/

THIS IS THE LINK WITH THE VIDEO I"M WANTING YOU TO WATCH
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
http://www.k2.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/members/alvaro/Khronos/Video_Demos_shorts/KHRONOS_DEMO_AUDIO_FINAL.mov
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you will probably have to let it load

other things related:

Here is a link to some video files of examples
http://www.k2.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/members/alvaro/Khronos/VideoDemosAndSnapshots.htm

HERE IS A LINK TO SOME VIRTUAL ONLINE DEMOS BUILT WITH PROCESSING! WOOHOO!
http://www.k2.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/members/alvaro/Khronos/Khronos_P5/Khronos_Applets.htm

once you click on an applet you will have to let them load a bit before being able to manipulate and play with them

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I've never heard of a khronos projector before. That'd be fun to experiment with! It's neat how the viewer interacting with the projector screen can manipulate the video and make different videos reverse order to tell a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian you are a nerd... Thats awesome though! The fate of the videos is actually in the viewers' hand. Can be a scary thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh haha thanks Mel! compliment accepted :) and molly, it is nuts what you can do with a little code and a few sensors, the next 200$ I have free I'm investing in some arduino and processing stuff, but that won't be till after christmas I don't think

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely an interesting way of creating graphics by hand- we are supposed to use hand made elements in our design as often as we can, right? I also find it really interesting how time can be seen like that- showing multiple times at once- warping how we see the scene. Makes me think of sci-fi- black holes and time travel. :D

    ReplyDelete