Typophile Film Festival 5 Opening Titles from Brent Barson on Vimeo.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Group 3: Beehler: Typophile Film Festival 5 Opening Titles
This video is awesome! They use real objects to create the video- water, paint, etc- as they say, everything is this film is real (no CG effects) I think that is what really stands out to me. It features type in the same way as some of the typography videos I've seen before, but this video has more of a tactile and tangible quality that computer generated type just doesn't have. It keeps you pulled into the video because of that uniqueness - not through the pacing or story it is telling. (even though the pacing is not bad... that's just not the focus- it's more about an exploration of the senses)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow wow wow that is cool and time intensive, potato ampersands? i'll take an order of those with a side of bacon and jello letters!
ReplyDeletei appreciate the time it took to make every bit of details in this video. I enjoy when real objects are physically incorporated into the films and not just animated on the computer.
ReplyDeleteI love this. Like Melanie, I to appreciate when an artist take the time to incorporate real object into their works. Much more visually interesting. Not as expecting considering most videos are done entirely on the computer.
ReplyDelete