This is probably the most iconic music video of the 80s. By combining live action and animation Ah Ha's video Take on me totally revolutionized music videos as we see them today. Its just to bad that MTV doesn't play music videos anymore.
First of all, great song! And I love when he winks at her in the diner! I think that the parts where they switch from real life to drawing and back are great. It really brings a story to the song better than a lot of other music videos. And even now i think is a animation marvel.
Given when this video was made all I can say is im sure many were stunned by the graphic work in it. I do think they tied the sketches in well with real life but there were moments that looked a little odd. Overall I think the video was very well done and I really like the sketchy aspect of it. Goes well with the music since the music is sort of high and low, all over the place. The excitement of the sketch adds to the excitement of the music.
ooops to big....Oh well enjoy!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, great song! And I love when he winks at her in the diner! I think that the parts where they switch from real life to drawing and back are great. It really brings a story to the song better than a lot of other music videos. And even now i think is a animation marvel.
ReplyDeleteHaha I had never seen this before, I like it! It ties in well with our new project-love the sketchy "story boards"! :)
ReplyDeleteGiven when this video was made all I can say is im sure many were stunned by the graphic work in it. I do think they tied the sketches in well with real life but there were moments that looked a little odd. Overall I think the video was very well done and I really like the sketchy aspect of it. Goes well with the music since the music is sort of high and low, all over the place. The excitement of the sketch adds to the excitement of the music.
ReplyDelete