Sunday, September 11, 2011

Group 5: Spaeth: Anatomy of a Murder

Found this video while checking out other title credits for t.v. shows. Although I'm not very familiar with the show I still enjoyed the credits. I enjoy the collage aesthetic that it has. Simple color with decent type elements also help with the overall feel of it.

3 comments:

  1. I like that you choose something that relates to the class with using simple shapes. Its great that in this video people are outline and not showed any details of the person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learned about this in Curt's Graphic Design seminar last semester. I guess Saul Bass' credits for this show influenced the title sequence of the show Mad Men. I agree with Dan though, the simple shapes are extremely effective in getting the point of a murder scene and investigation across. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I've already heard the music for the scene as well in my pop music class. Duke Ellington is probably one of the best Jazz Composition writers of the 20's. And the music itself fits very well with the intro.

    ReplyDelete