This is one David Crowder Band's music videos. It's a stop motion video, which I've always enjoyed, but they do it in a very unique way. Take a look:
Who would have thought of doing a music video and telling a story with a light bright? I thought it was a creative idea - and I love being challenged to come up with something that unique. It is true though, that this quirkiness fits very well with the vibe of the band, while it wouldn't at all with a group that takes themselves more seriously. Anyhow, while I don't think it's the most 'exciting' music video because of the pacing and limits of the frame, one of the visual aspects I did enjoy was how graphics move from off the frame of the light bright or go from the outside and effect what's going on inside, such as when the frog jumps out of the frame, or when the band throws rice over the bride and groom and it shows up in the fame. I think it would have strengthened the video to have even more of that interaction, as the pace of the light bright story is rather slow. Maybe the interaction was meant to share the message that we need to live life to the fullest... to break out of the box and be unexpected.
I also agree that the addition of scenes that strayed away from strictly focusing on the light bright frame strengthens the the video. It goes the viewer a more connection to the characters as others like the band throwing rice are also witnessing the story that is being told.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this. Good find Anna! It’s a very interesting approach. It brings me back to when I had a light bright. I agree though with the fact the light bring story is a bit slow as far as going along with the tempo of the music. I don’t think I would of ever thought to do something like this.
ReplyDeleteGood find Anna. That video got me a little choked up. I think that the frame speed matches alright. The tempo of the song is a little slower, so it works for me. Stop motion seems slower than most movies I think. There is a strong feeling of home and family, which works well with the stop motion technique.
ReplyDeleteI like DCB and they usually have well crafted music videos and websites. I know they have done some funky stuff when it comes to secret tracks in their music and hidden places on their website in the past. very cool, the bright lite thing though looks like it is printed out sheets of paper? look at the edges of the black space in each frame it changes. Is that apart of the bright lite or something else? idk never had one...
ReplyDelete